Baychester is a working-class neighborhood geographically located in the northeast Bronx borough of New York City in the United States.
The neighborhood is part of Bronx Community Board 12. Its boundaries, starting from the north and moving clockwise are: East 222nd Street to the north,
the New England Thruway to the east, Pelham Parkway to the south, and Boston Road to the west. Eastchester Road is the primary thoroughfare through Baychester.
The local subway is the 5 line. Many homes are located on streets in the teen 200’s and advancing to the 220’s. While 10469 is the primary ZIP code of Baychester,
it also covers the adjacent neighborhood of Pelham Gardens, Bronx. The area is patrolled by the 47th Precinct located at 4111 Laconia Avenue in Williamsbridge.
- P.S. 76- Bennington Elementary School located at 900 Adee Avenue
- P.S. 78- Anne Hutchinson Elementary School located at 1400 Needham Avenue
- P.S. 87- located at 1935 Bussing Avenue, Bronx, NY 10466 – Baychester/Wakefield area.
- P.S. 97- located at 1375 Mace Avenue
- P.S. 121- The Throop School located at 2750 Throop Avenue
- P.S. 169- Baychester Academy located at 3500 Edson Ave
- M.S. 144- Michelangelo Middle School located at 2545 Gunther Avenue
- Christopher Columbus High School (Bronx, New York) located at 925 Astor Avenue
- Harry S. Truman High School (New York City) located in the Co-op City neighborhood.
- Evander Childs Educational Campus located in the Williamsbridge neighborhood.
- Bx28: to Co-op City or Fordham Center (via Gun Hill Road)
- Bx30: to Co-op City or Norwood – 205th Street (D train) (via Boston/Gun Hill Roads)
- Bx31: to Woodlawn or Westchester Square – East Tremont Avenue (6 <6> trains) (via Eastchester Road)
- BxM10: to Midtown Manhattan (via 5th/Madison Avenues and Eastchester Road/Morris Park Avenue)
- W60: to White Plains, New York or Fordham Center (via Boston Road)
- W61: to Port Chester, Mamaroneck and Larchmont, New York or Fordham Center (via Boston Road)
- W62: to White Plains, New York (Express-Rush Hour Only Service [White Plains in the morning, Fordham in the evening]) or Fordham Center (via Boston Road)
- Baychester Avenue (IRT Dyre Avenue Line) (5 train)
- Gun Hill Road (IRT Dyre Avenue Line) (5 train)
- Burke Avenue (IRT White Plains Road Line) (2, 5)