Castle Hill is primarily a residential neighborhood geographically located in the South Central section of the borough of The Bronx in New York City.
The neighborhood is part of Bronx Community Board 9. Its boundaries, starting from the North and moving clockwise are: Waterbury-Westchester Avenues to the North,
Westchester Creek to the east, the East River to the South, and White Plains Road to the West. Castle Hill Avenue is the primary thoroughfare through Melrose.
ZIP codes include 10473, 10472, and 10462. The area is patrolled by the 43rd Precinct located at 900 Fteley Avenue.
- PS 138 Samuel Randall School (K-5)
- PS 36 – Unionport School (K-5)
- PS/MS 194
Private and parochial schools
- St. John Vianney Cure of Ars School (now closed)
- Holy Family School (Pre K-8)
- St. Raymond Academy for Girls, an all-girls’, catholic high school
- Bx4: to Westchester Square or 3rd Av-149th St station (via Westchester Ave)
- Bx5: to Pelham Bay Park or Simpson St station (via Bruckner Blvd / Story Ave)
- Bx22: to Bronx High School of Science (via Fordham Rd / Castle Hill Ave)
- Bx36: to George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal (via East 180th Street)
- Bx39: to Gun Hill Road station or Clason Point (via White Plains Road)
- Q44: to Bronx Zoo or Jamaica, Whitestone, Flushing (via Bronx-Whitestone Bridge)
- BxM8: Express to Pelham Bay or Midtown Manhattan
- Castle Hill Av station (IRT 6) [45 minute commute to Grand Central Station.]
- Zerega Avenue station (IRT 6)
- Bruckner Expressway We don't have any listings at the moment. Please come back later.