Eastchester is a working-class neighborhood in the northeast Bronx borough of New York City in the United States.
The neighborhood is part of Bronx Community Board 12. Its boundaries, starting from the north and moving clockwise are:
the Bronx-Westchester County border to the north, the New England Thruway to the east, Baychester Avenue to the south, and the intersection
of 233 St and Baychester Avenue to the west. Boston Road is the primary thoroughfare through Eastchester and Dyre Avenue is the main commercial street.
ZIP codes include 10475. The area is patrolled by the 47th Precinct located at 4111 Laconia Avenue in Williamsbridge.
- PS 111
- PS 68
- Nativity of our blessed lady
- MS 142 John Philip Sousa
- Cardinal Spellman High School
Subway service is provided by the IRT Dyre Avenue 5 Line:
- Eastchester-Dyre Avenue (IRT Dyre Avenue Line) (5)
- Baychester Avenue (IRT Dyre Avenue Line) (5)
Bus Service provided by MaBSTOA:
- Bx16: to Pelham – Eastchester, Bronx Border (Ropes Avenue) or Norwood-205th St station (via Nereid Av)
- Bx30: to Co-op City or Norwood-205th St station (via Boston Rd)
Bus Service provided by the Bee-Line Bus System:
- BL52: to Eastchester, Bronx or Bronxville via Mt. Vernon, New York
- BL55: to Eastchester, Bronx or Cross County Shopping Center (Yonkers)
- BL60: to Fordham, Bronx or White Plains, NY (via US Route 1)
- BL61: to Fordham, Bronx or Port Chester, NY (via US Route 1)
- BL62x: to Fordham, Bronx or White Plains, NY (via US Route 1; Express from New Rochelle to East White Plains)