Fordham is a neighborhood of New York City, United States, located at the west side of Bronx County. The neighborhood is part of Bronx Community Board 5.
It is bordered by Fordham Road to the north, Southern Boulevard to the east, East 161st Street to the south, and Jerome Avenue to the west.
The neighborhood’s primary thoroughfare is Fordham Road; its main rapid transit line is the IND Concourse Line, operating under the Grand Concourse,
with the IRT Jerome Avenue Line on its western border. ZIP codes include 10453, 10457, 10458 and 10468. Fordham is dominated by 5 and 6-story apartment buildings,
often set flush to the sidewalk. Many of the apartments on the Grand Concourse are taller.
The New York Botanical Garden and the Wildlife Conservation Society’s Bronx Zoo, both inside Bronx Park, collectively occupy dozens of acres of
land within the neighborhood. Fordham University maintains its historic original campus on much of the former Rose Hill Manor in the center of the neighborhood.
It is one of the largest “green” campuses in New York City, and its traditional collegiate gothic architecture often serves as a backdrop for television and film
productions. The Fordham Road Business improvement district operates on the northern border of the neighborhood. This retail district is the longest in theBronx.
- 182nd-183rd station (B D trains)
- Fordham Road station (B D trains)
- Fordham Station (Metro-North)
Bus service provided by MTA/MaBSTOA:
- Bx1: to Riverdale or Mott Haven (via Grand Concourse)
- Bx2: to Kingsbridge Heights or Mott Haven (via Grand Concourse)
- Bx3: to Riverdale or Washington Heights, George Washington Bridge (via University Ave)
- Bx9: to Riverdale or West Farms Square – East Tremont Avenue station (2 5 trains) (via Kingsbridge Road)
- Bx12 (Including +SBS): to Bay Plaza Shopping Center or Inwood – 207th Street station (A train) (via Fordham Road–Pelham Parkway)
- Bx15: to The Hub or Manhattanville (via Third Avenue)
- Bx17: to Port Morris (via Prospect-Crotona Avenues)
- Bx22: to Bedford Park or Castle Hill (via Castle Hill Avenue)
- Bx28: to Co-op City (via Gun Hill Road)
- Bx34: to Woodlawn (via Bainbridge Avenue)
- Bx38: to Bay Plaza Shopping Center (via Gun Hill Road) (Sunday nights only)
- Bx41 (Including +SBS): to Williamsbridge or Third Avenue – 149th Street station (2 5 trains) (via Webster Avenue)
Bus service provided by the Bee-Line Bus System:
- 60: to White Plains, NY (via US Route 1)
- 61: to Port Chester, NY (via US Route 1)
- 62: to White Plains, NY (via US Route 1; Express from New Rochelle to East White Plains)