Parkchester is a residential neighborhood geographically located in the east Bronx, New York City. The neighborhood is part of Bronx Community Board 9.
Its boundaries, starting from the north and moving clockwise, are East Tremont Avenue to the north, Castle Hill Avenue to the east,
the Cross-Bronx Expressway-Westchester Avenue to the south (Westchester Avenue is the southern border east of Metropolitan Avenue),
and the Bronx River Parkway to the west. White Plains Road is the primary thoroughfare through Parkchester. The local subway is the 6 line,
operating along Westchester Avenue. The local ZIP code is 10462. The area is patrolled by the 43rd Precinct located at 900 Fteley Avenue in Soundview.
- Castle Hill Middle School, a public middle school situated on East Tremont Avenue and Purdy Street, that educates students in grades 6–8—formerly known as JHS 127.
- St. Raymond Academy for Girls, a private high school situated on Castle Hill Avenue, that educates students in grades 9–12
- St. Raymond Elementary School, a private elementary school and middle school situated on Purdy Street; it educates students in pre-kindergarten to grade 8
- PS 106, a public elementary school located at 2120 St. Raymond Avenue for grades 1–5.
- St. Helena Elementary, a private elementary school that educates students from pre-k to 8th grade.
- Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a charter school located on Benedict Avenue that educates students from kindergarten to 5th grade.
- Bx4: to Westchester Square station or Third Avenue – 149th Street (via Westchester Avenue)
- Bx22: to Bronx High School of Science or Castle Hill (via Castle Hill Aenuev)
- Bx36: to Castle Hill or George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal (via 180th Street)
- Bx39: to Wakefield – 241st Street or Clason’s Point (via White Plains Road)
- Bx40: to SUNY Maritime College or Morris Heights (via Tremont-Burnside Avenues)
- Bx42: to Throggs Neck or Morris Heights (via Tremont-Burnside Avenues)
- Q44: to Jamaica or West Farms (via Cross Bronx Expressway and Main Street)
- BxM6: express to Midtown Manhattan (via Metropolitan Avenue)
- Parkchester station (6 <6> trains)